Wizarding Wireless Network

Edwin Degerlund's OWLs
Ancient Runes
Creature runes correspond to a single digit number. Name the number for each creature and why that creature was chosen to represent that number. What other creatures do you think might have been considered in its place, if any? (This should be written as an essay, but how your character would write that essay)
Arithmancy
Find your life path number, destiny number, soul urge number, personality number, birthday number,  and hidden passion number using both the Agrippan and Chaldean methods. Which results do you find more fitting? Why?(This should be written as an essay, but how your character would write that essay)
Astronomy
Pick one planets and write about its location in the night sky during the first week of June, the climate of the planet if any, relevance to magic, and how it got its name. (This should be written as an essay, but how your character would write that essay)
Care of Magical Creatures
Spot the Crup hiding among the Jack Russel terriers and the knarl among the hedgehogs. There will be two pens, one with Jack Russel Terriers and one Crup, and one with hedgehogs and one knarl. You will need to discern which one is the real one using the knowledge you learned in class.
Charms
Cast a mending charm on a broken vase. Cast a summoning charm on an item from your dormitory. Cast a banishing charm on the professor's desk. The professor will be in the room observing your attempts at each spell.
Defense Against the Dark Arts
You may choose from the following:
  • Write an Essay on a Curse and how to break it
  • Face one of the following: Boggart, Grindylow, or Erkling
Divinations
Divine your summer vacation using either Tessomancy, Scrying, or Tarot.
Herbology
Care for a Chinese Chomping Cabbage. Demonstrate knowledge of the plant and how to subdue it if necessary.
History of Magic 
Choose any period in wizarding history and write an essay on it.
Potions 
Brew one of the following: Draught of Peace, Invigoration Draught, or Strengthening Solution
Muggle Studies
Write an essay on the importance of the Muggle Protection Act.
Transfiguration
Perform the Vanishing Spell on a desk in the classroom.
Edited by Rosalyn Harkiss

Ancient Runes (https://harrypotter.fandom.com/wiki/Study_of_Ancient_Runes)

So for this essay, I am going to be writing about the creature runes and what animals correspond with each number. I'll take you through each number and let you know why they are there and what I think about it. So off we go. 

Creature Zero. The creature that was picked for this number, was picked because of one ability. That it can turn invisible. That's it, and that creature is a demiguise. Those are the ape like creatures whose eyes turn blue when they are predicting the future. Now,as for if I think another creature would be put in its place, no other creatures are coming to mind when I think of something that can turn invisible with out the use of magic or an item to help them do so. So with that, I don't think i would change the creature that is for number zero.

Creature One. The creature that was picked for this number was picked because of its one horn. The creature is the unicorn. The magical little creature that make most muggles thing of rainbows and cute things. That isn't so. However, I do feel like this creature could be switched with another because there are many creatures that have just the one horn. Take for example the erumpent. One horn. It could very well fit in the number one. 

Creature  two. The creature that was picked for this number, was picked because of its dual horns. Again, there are many creatures that have two horns in the world. Some dragons have two horns, which is what I would pick if I could switch out the number creatures. But for this the creature that was picked for this number is the graphorn. 

Creature three. Though this creature is slightly creepy and I'm pretty happy that they are not longer living, holds this spot for three mains reasons. It has three heads. Now, I know what you're thinking. It would be a cerberus. Those are scary in their own right but not what we are talking about here. Those cerberus would be the creature that I would think of when thinking of the creature number. No, the creature that I am talking about is a runespoor. The snake like creature who has three heads, that each do something different from the other. 

Creature four. It was picked because of his colors. Apparently it only has four different colors. I honestly wouldn't know as I've never seen one up close and personal. However, it is what the book says. So there is that. The Fwooper. Kind of a weird name as well. But as for thinking about another creature that would fit in well in this category, I don't think there is one. I mean there are plenty of creatures that have different colors but not just four main colors. 

Creature five. When reading about the quintaped it gave me chills. Never had I known that there would be a creature out in the open that had five legs. Which is why the creature gets this number. I honestly don't know what else could take this spot and even thinking about another creature with five legs that likes human flesh just creeps me out. So on to the next number. 

Creature six. The fire dwelling salamander is the creature that takes this spot. I guess for a good reason too. I don't know any other creature that is able to live in fire for a maximum of six hours. So with that, unless you want to count eyes or toes or legs then they are the only creature that can deal with the heat for that long. Good for them. They have a easy way to keep away from danger, you know when the creature after you ends up thinking you are the dangerous one in the end. 

Creature seven. Well, here we are. The number seven which doesn't really have a creature at all. It's just an unknown. They say that the number seven is magically a powerful number that remains a mystery. Which is why I'm totally going to live it at that. Something that is as powerful as that shouldn't be messed with. Although, nope. Even I don't think i'm able to come up with something. 

Creature eight. So once would think the next creature was put in because it has eight legs, but no. It's only in this spot because it has eight eyes. Which makes some since when you thinking about it. But when talking and reading about an Acromantula you can surely see why they take this spot. They have eight of everything, well maybe not everything, but its pretty close. Which is why I would leave it here in this spot. 

Creature nine. The hydra is what takes up the last spot in the numbers, mainly because it has nine heads. Though most people think it is a mythic creature there are still some people out there that believe that the creature lives among us today. I for one wouldn't want to find out. I honestly don't know if I would be able to pick another creature for this spot either. Nothing I know of has nine of something. That and why not end with something that might or might not be there. Sounds rather cool to me. 

With all this being said. I feel like I've gave the best answer that I could to this essay. I don't know if I could put anything else in there that would make it any better than now. Thank you for reading my paper. 

Arithmancy   (link: https://www.hogwartsishere.com/library/book/2266/chapter/1/) (link: https://sites.google.com/site/arithmancyhol/lesson-2)

For Arithmancy I was asked to find my name number, heart number and also my social number. I'm not the best at this class so I will try my best. Honestly that is all that is asked of me anyways. So through out this essay I will explain the different means of two different methods. The Agrippan and the chaldean. They both should give me different answers. I'll be able to tell you which I think sounds more like me as I get though the essay. 

The first method I'm going to be working on is the Agrippan method. I will find my character number first, heart number second and then my social number third. I will label them clearly and then discuss rather or not I feel like they sound like me or not. 

Personal Number                                                                   Heart Number                                                                    Social Number

Edwin Degerlund                                                                      Edwin Degerlund                                                                   Edwin Degerlund

54595 457593354                                                                     59        553                                                                          455  479354

28       45                                                                                 14       13                                                                              14     32

10       9                                                                                   5         4                                                                                 5     5

1      9                                                                                          9                                                                                          10

10                                                                                                                                                                                          1

With this method, I can only agree with the heart number and that is only a little. The ones don't sound like me as they say I'm single minded but I don't think that I am and the fact that it says I'm a loner, which I'm not I've got the best partner in crime that anyone could ever ask for. But I will give it this. I do like to set goals and stick to them. So there is a plus.  Now for the heart number, There are a couple things in there that I believe sound like me. I believe I inspire people. I get told all the time that they wished they could be part of my prank team. What can I say we are the best. But I don't see the arrogant. 

The second method is Chaldean. It is slightly different than the other once. This one goes as follows.

Personal Number                                                  Heart Number                                                              Social Number

Edwin Degerlund                                                   Edwin Degerlund                                                         Edwin Degerlund 

54615   4533523654                                              51   556                                                                       465    43254

21          37                                                          6     16                                                                          15       19

3            9                                                            6      7                                                                           6        10

12                                                                      13                                                                                   16

3                                                                        4                                                                                     7

This method I can agree with the personal number.I feel like I have a lot of talent, energy, artistic nature, humor and social ease. Most of these come in handy when I'm figuring out my pranks with my best mate.  Of course being social comes with its perks. Though again with the unfocused and easily offended. Not something that I agree with.  My heart number on this one, yes and no. I can see myself reliable and being a good organizer because of course my pranks. I've been told by others that I can be stubborn but again I don't see it. Honestly I can see the whole social number for me. 

Edited by Edwin Degerlund
  • 1 month later...
Edwin Degerlund's OWLs
Ancient Runes
Grade: Outstanding
Arithmancy
Grade: Outstanding
Astronomy
Grade: Troll
Care of Magical Creatures
Grade: Troll
Charms