Welcome, Guest!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.
Sign in to follow this  
Eris Kerrigan

Open Trying to get warm

Image result for hogsmeade coffee shop"

Eris  had told her brother that she was going to be around Hogsmeade for a little bit so if he had to find her then she would be pretty easy. However, she was just now starting to get a little cold from the chilly weather As long as she had lived here she hadn't been able to get use to it. For some reason it hurt her bones just a little. He sighed as she walked into the tea shop to grab a hot tea. Something that she knew would help warm her up inside. Her eyes darted around the room trying to find herself a seat. She was finally starting to get warm as she pulled out a book for herself. Something that she had started on just a couple of weeks ago. It was on Astronomy of course. Something that she had been into since she could remember. She let out a little sigh as she heard some loud voice closer to the front and watched in amusement. Some people didn't know how to be in the world today. 

It was winter break, and Mae hadn't left the castle all year long. She had been helping the Headmistress by covering a few of the positions that didn't have professors in them. With a sigh, she resigned herself to forcing herself to get out. She needed a little air anyway. So she put on one of her favorite sweaters and bundled up as she made her way to Hogsmeade. The streets were covered in snow. Mae found herself shivering after only a few minutes in town. Her first thought was to just go into the nearest shop and then realized that the tea shop was the best place to warm up and pushed on a couple minutes more to make it in. Once she did she looked around and beamed when she saw a familiar face.

"Well if it isn't Eris Kerrigan." Mae made her way over to the table before even bothering to order. The two had known one another fairly well when they were back at Hogwarts, and hadn't seen each other in a while. "What are you doing in Hogsmeade?"

Hazel eyes rolled as she watched the other witch at the counter, when her name came out of someone else mouth. Eris turned her head to see the woman and couldn't help but smile brightly as the lady made her way to her. The younger girl placed down her book and waited as the other sat down. "Maeve, what brings you here?" She questioned. Not that she was at all upset to see a familiar face. Matter of fact she was pretty excited to see her. "Oh, I was walking around trying to get some motivation." She mused with a tilt of her head. "Donovan is around somewhere. I think that he's getting a little more protective over me now." She said rolling her eyes. "I'm surprised that you didn't see him around." It was true with everything wrong with her, she could see why but it was still very annoying. 

She noticed that she was just going on about her brother before she blushed a little and smiled moving her book to her bag. "How's work?" She asked smiling some. "I always thought that you would make a very fun professor." Maeve had always been studious from what Eris could remember. Well, either fun or be that one professor that the kids were scared of because of all the home work that she could give them. Either way. She loved the woman sitting in front of her. 

Maeve shrugged at the question. "Well, I got a little tired of hanging around the castle. Rosalyn's been working me to to the bone to help cover some of the staff shortage. I've been teaching Charms on top of Transfiguration." She sighed as she shrank back into her seat. Mae didn't mind teaching, in fact, she was pretty much born for it! However, everyone had their limits, and it was a time-consuming endeavor to prepare all those extra lesson plans, not to mention getting up and actually maintaining the attention of her students.  Mae smirked as the young girl mentioned Donovan's name. "I suppose he came down from the castle for the day as well. I see him often enough, for now. I heard he was considering leaving after this year was over though. Something about an offer at St. Mungo's?" The last part was a question, Mae had really only heard through the rumor mill.

"I don't know if my students find me fun." Mae smirked. She was pleasant enough, but she was ruthlessly fair. That meant that she hadn't favored her Ravenclaws, nor punished any other house. The students tended to find her exasperating in this was. "But being Head of House has been nice. I did miss my dormitory a bit." Mae chuckled. Anyone that knew her, knew that she had been perhaps the most engaged student the school had ever seen. She practically was Ravenclaw for quite a while. It had been her home more than anywhere else, in all likelihood.

Mae tilted her head, and asked, "So what exactly are you trying to find motivation for?"

@ Eris Kerrigan

Sign in to follow this  

WWN Global Chat

WWN Global Chat

Please enter your display name

Wizarding Wireless Network

We're glad to see you've found us! Feel free to look around and ask questions. Hope to see you around the forums soon.